Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Parker Update

Parker is growing so much! I took him to the doctor yesterday and he weighed 12 pounds 2 ounces and measured 23 and 1/2 inches long. I honestly thought he was going to be bigger than that. Both measurements put him in the 50th percentile. He his really starting to develop a little personality. He smiles and coos all the time. He really loves men. I think it is because he hears my voice all day. When his daddy comes home he just lights up!
Sleeping is going great! During the day we work really hard at not staying awake longer than 2 hours because he doesn't get fussy if we do that. Naps vary from day to day. But night time sleep is starting to get more predictable. We try to have a bath by 7:30 and start our bedtime routine. Last night he slept 11 1/2 hours! I think the Tylenol from his shots had something to do with that. But the two nights before he slept a solid 8 hours.
I am starting to get really sad about going back to work. There are so many firsts I have been able to experience being with him all the time. But I know me going back to work is best for me and my family.

2 comments:

Mills said...

Twila, I'm sure that it will be hard going back to work, but Parker will be just fine! It will be good for ALL of you! Keep posting those pictures. . .they are priceless!

Love,
Mills

Anonymous said...

Twilia when do you go back to work? I know that was very hard for me, but it gets easier. I tell myself that being a teacher is the best job, because you get lots of breaks to be together. Good luck with going back!