Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Tooth

My 11 1/2 month old FINALLY cut his first tooth. He has been teething forever. We have been able to see his gums swelling and been able to see the little bumps but today one of the bottom ones finally cut through. I think it is the one on the left.
When I picked him up the babysitter had my check to see if there was something in his mouth. When I did I felt his tooth on the bottom. They were making sure I found it on my own before they told me : )
The other day I had a small emotional break down when Missi let it slip that he had taken a few steps for them. Not being a stay at home mommy is tough when you miss some of the firsts. He stills hasn't walked for me. But when we work on standing up he tries to walk towards us but it turns into more of a stumble. Missi said it well... "Its not the first steps that matters; it the future steps that you walk with them." I am so blessed to have caregivers that take such good care of him.
After having such a difficult newborn I never thought I would be so sad to see him turn one. But tonight he finished off his last can of formula and I am going to take his bottle the day after he turns one. These next two weeks are going to very emotional for me. I really am sad to see the baby days go but am also looking forward to the milestones to come. This summer has been so wonderful watching him grow up in so many ways. His personality is really shining through in the way he reacts to things and the way he plays. I would have never guessed a year ago when he was still in my stomach how much I was going to love this little guy. It is truly a remarkable journey! Can't wait for the next year.

Sorry for the rambling blog! More pictures to come after our second camping trip this weekend and his birthday party is coming up on the 6th! : )

No comments: