So I am starting off 2010 almost finished with my training for the half marathon in Myrtle Beach on February 13th. I am pretty sure I will be running the half marathon in Lexington at the end of March and would like to do the half marathon in Louisville at the end of April. Then in the summer I would like to try out some biking and swimming to do a local sprint triathlon. With that being said I needed a year long goal to keep my butt in gear. So when a friend sent me a link to this blog I was instantly sold on the idea. I have been training with a girl from work and she is going to be my partner. We are each responsible for 1005 miles each. We have decided walking, running, biking, swimming and ellipticalling count. Bascially anyway you can get your mile in! 2.75 miles per day basically. But with our training schedule we will get in 10 miles or more on our long runs. Curious to see how long it takes us to hit 1005 or if we will be running like mad women next New Years Eve.
I guess my athletic abilities are now worthy or their own blog so I have created a blog for Kris and I to document our path to 2010 miles in 2010!
http://tkrunning2010miles.blogspot.com/
Please follow along. First run is this Friday and it is 7 miles; only 998 to go : )

1 comment:
Nice, and bike miles add up real fast too. A nice sprint will be fun. Ask around, some local races will recommend a fun friendly race for you.
Post a Comment