Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Not about Parker



Yesterday I ran in the snow for the first time. I was out the door at 8:30 am hoping to enjoy the white stuff while it was still pretty. It was a little cold but honestly not that bad. However, in the back of my head I was thinking "Really you could have just stayed in the house." While I was running I noticed other footprints from runners who were already out and about.A bout 2 miles in I ran past a group of runners I have watched run up and down Lexington Avenue for years.  I have always secretly wanted to be one of them but never knew how to start. But 8 months ago I decided to do a 5K to support a local charity and ran part of it and decided to run to get rid of the rest of the baby weight. Now here I am training for a half marathon! I couldn't run a block when I started. Now I run 4,5,6,7 and last week 8 miles. Granted I run SLOW (10:30 pace) and I have to stop and stretch two or three times but yesterday I was one of "them". I hope someone drove past me running and thought "She is crazy but I wish I could get up and run". It was a very inspirational run that is motivating me to run more while I am off work for Christmas break and possibly train for some other half-marathons.

Sorry to those of you that read my blog for Parker I had to have a mommy moment : ) Maybe one day my athletic abilities will be worthy of having their own blog. Until then I run slow and watch Ironman Kona while I work out on my elliptical!

2 comments:

monicaonthego.com said...

Good for you Twila! I'm going to be home on Sat, if you want to meet me for a run on Monday morning let me know! I am fine with a 10:30 pace.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Nice work!