I had an unexpected visit to the doctor today because of heart palpitations. I have been having a few episodes of my heart racing but today during my Math training my heart was racing faster than usual (like 100 bpm) and I just feel strange. I think a lot of it had to do with that fact I was in a quiet room with 40 strangers. Sorta gave me that trapped feeling. Well I called the doctor and they did want to see me. So my Mom and Step-dad drove me up to see the doctor. By the time I got there everything was okay.
Dr. Onan said it was normal during pregnancy to have irregular heart beats and connected mine this morning to blood sugar. I was really hungry when I woke up and didn't eat until I got to training and I had a doughnut and orange juice. She said my blood sugar could have spiked so quick that could have triggered my heart palpitation.
So in a nutshell it was all no big deal and next time I just need to go lay down and calm down. Best news was I had not been to the doctor in 3 weeks and I haven't even gained a whole pound!

No comments:
Post a Comment