Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 17, 2008

Gender Reveal

Okay so most people know Scott and I have decided to find out what we are having. Our original plan was to not find out but I couldn't take it. The thought of all that yellow and green was starting to make me sick! Well Scott still wanted to find in an exciting way so borrowing from Marci and Becky I decided to do a gender reveal party.
Scott and I will go to the doctor and they will write the gender on a piece of paper. I am going to give that paper to my best friend Casey and she is going to plan a small shower for close family. When Scott and I arrive at the party we will see the decorations and know what we are having. Other people will only know for about a week or so before we do. People can bring a gender related gift if they want of they can just wait until my real shower.
I think it was a good compromise for finding out the gender and I am so excited to find out. I am 20 weeks the last part of April. However, that falls right in the middle of CATS testing and I obviously will not be missing work during CATS testing. So it may be the first of May after CATS testing is finished before I can schedule my ultrasound appointment to find out.
I go to the doctor on the 28th of this month and I should schedule that appointment then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, that is so exciting!!! I can't wait to hear what you are having!
ps-it meant so much for you guys to be at the wedding!!!

Kelly said...

That sounds like fun. I am glad that you decided to find out....I don't know how people wait.....it's hard for me to wait 20 weeks!! Be sure to post it as soon as you know! I am finally on the downhill slide..10 weeks (or less, hopefully) to go.