Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Parker's Birth Story

Parker sure did a good job of making mommy wait to meet him. Labor started with a false alarm Thursday, September 4th. After a high leak water break, a few contractions and a trip to the hospital mom and dad were sit home to do some more waiting.

Friday, September 5th (the day mommy had picked from the beginning) I woke up with another leak. I called the doctor and they asked me to come into the office. While at the office contractions started coming on irregular and I was 3 cm. dilated and really thinned. We then made a trip over to labor and deliver to check in. We got there about 1:00 in the afternoon. The first 3 hours were great just hanging out having minor contractions. About 4:30 pm the contractions became more intense so I choose to start my epidural. The epidural was great and the pain was easily managed. I slowly dilated for the rest of the night pain free. At the time I had the best nurse you could ask for. I was really hoping to get to 1o cm. before she left so I could deliver with her. No such luck.

Saturday, September 6th: 3:30 am I hit 10 cm. and was ready to push. Unfortunately I was totally numb and had a really hard time pushing. I also did not know know that the nurse I was working with was not a labor nurse and was doing a really poor job of teaching me how to push. Basically this is when it all went down hill. My epidural started wearing off in spots and back labor started. From here until 10:00 I tried pushing on and off but it was not successful. I did get two AWESOME nurses at 7:00 am who did a great job of helping me try to get him out. I tried my hardest to push him out through the pain but I decided to go ahead with the C-section. When an Operating Room opened up at 11:00 am I went ahead and took it because Labor Hall was CRAZY that morning. The OR team that took care of me was great and we had a great time. Parker was successfully deliver at 11:54 am but I need to stay in surgery a bit longer to take care of my bladder that was knicked during the C-section. Nothing serious but I will be taking my catheter in for a week to make sure it heals properly. I was finally able to meet Parker at 2:15 pm in the recovery room.

I have slowly gotten back on my feet and am enjoying Parker so much. Scott has been such a great dad. Due to my complications and slow recovery with the C-sections Scott has been on 100% daddy duty since Parker has been here. On top of that he takes care of all my wants and needs. We are so thankful he is finally here and know it was all worth it. We even get to spend an extra day at the hospital with our little yellow jaundice baby. Thanks to everyone who has checked on us and offered to help us with everything. We can't wait for everyone to meet him once we get on our feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad for the update...i've been thinking of you all. so glad to hear things are going well! oh the things that i have to look foward to :) i know it was all worth it for you guys!

Tishy said...

bladder injuries are never fun. I wondered if you had a c section or complications since you were still in the hospital at three days out. Try to rest while you can. Everything else can wait other thatn caring for yourself and Parker. Sorry Scott, but your turn to be pampered will come later.