Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ain't What She Use To Be



The old gray mare,

She ain't what she used to be

Ain't what she used to be,

Ain't what she used to be

The old gray mare,

She ain't what she used to be

Many long years ago.


It is amazing what pregnancy changes about your body. Physically yes my body is changing but that is honestly not what bothers me the most. Sure I have put on my share of baby weight and there are parts of my body that aren't as pretty as the use to be. But I have confidence in myself that I will get my weight back down. The part of pregnancy that bothers me the most is the changes in what you are able to do. Last summer I mowed the yard (and trimmed) almost every time. I could spend all day in the sun working with flowers or just laying out and reading. Well this year things have changed!


#1 You burn EASY! I have put sunscreen (SPF 45) on twice today and still look red

#2 I swear the baby is in my lungs! I sound like an 85 year old woman with emphysema

#3 Your feet SWELL in the heat

#4 Anytime I get any type of cramp or pain I panic and stop what I am doing

#5 You can't bend down as far as you use to (due to large, hard basketball permanently placed under your shirt


Not complaining! Still loving my pregnancy and everything that comes with it but when people say pregnancy changes everything they mean it!

1 comment:

crissie said...

I love your poem!! Gosh I know exactly what you are going through!! It stinks to have no control over your body. You will look back and laugh at how you feel, I promise!! Try to enjoy every moment. It goes by too fast.