Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baby Montgomery's Namesake


Baby Montgomery will be Parker Scott Montgomery! A lot of people knew that already but this is my official blog announcement. He is going to be named after my grandfather who is in the picture of above. He was very pleased to find out that I was having a boy and I was going to call him Parker. (He was also talking a lot about me breastfeeding which was weird, but enough about that)
It is a well known fact that I am his favorite grandchild (well it is a tie between me and my sister). But I am a lot like my granddaddy and my mom even called me little Parker when I was a child. We both talk A LOT and complain a lot about our sicknesses.
It was a great time today spending time with Granddaddy. I just hope he is here when the baby gets here in September. I also found out where Granddaddy's name came from. His mom (Mama Ho) knew a man named Spalding Smith Parker (or something like that) and she just liked the name. It was hard to make out most of the story since Granddaddy is getting older.

2 comments:

Jason and Karla Aukerman said...

I love the name Twila. Parker is perfect...and to be named after someone special is awesome! :-)

Mills said...

PERFECT name, Twila! I am so happy for you!