Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Shopping for Parker

The nursery bug has hit! I am in a serious rush all of a sudden to get baby stuff. Scott started painting the room tonight and I ordered some stuff for Parker. I have been really good so far about not buying anything but I did give in and buy a nice diaper bag from Pottery Barn. We also decided to buy a crib instead of borrowing. We purchased one from JcPenney that is the combo. The crib comes with a set of shelves and small chest that sits againist the crib. It also converts to a toddler bed and full bed. I tried to but a picture on here but JcPenney won't let you steal their pictures.
We are also trying to find letters to put in the babies room and are having a hard time. BabiesR'us is always out when we are up there and they are too expensive everywhere I have found online. We don't want anything fancy because we are going to paint them to match the bedding.
I think now that I have bought a couple of things I will feel like I am getting something accomplished and be less frantic about getting the room up and going. Also my showers are getting ready to start so I can't wait to start getting stuff at the showers!
I will post pictures when we get the room finished and we start getting in our recent purchases.

3 comments:

Tishy said...

why don't you get someletter templates and use a jig saw to cut them out of plyboard and then paint them with acrylic paint? You could sand down the edges to make it really smooth beforehand and then paint away. The acrylic paints are cheap at walmart and thin plyboard should not be too much. Just a thought in case you have spare time on your hands...Hope this finds you well.

Jason and Karla Aukerman said...

HEY! Just wanted to let you know I went through the same thing trying to find our baby's letters! I ended up finding them at Michaels for 1.49 each. They are a little smaller than everything else I saw, but they stand up, or I figured I could hot glue ribbon to the back and hang them. They are brown wood color so you can paint them any color you want.....Just an idea. I was so excited because I paid for the whole name with the price of what i was going to buy one letter with, and they are still cute! :-) Everywhere else was out of letters when i tried too! UGH!

crissie said...

One of my friends just had a baby and she got all of her letters off ebay for really cheap. They are really cute. It becomes so real when you start the room. How fun. I can't tell you how many nights I would sit in their rooms and daydream about them being here. What a blessing.