Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

Great Expectations Class

Last night Scott and I had our first maternity class at the hospital. It was sort of informational but a lot of information I already knew. Scott said it helped to understand how it all "works, ie. dilating, contractions, where it all is. All that kind of stuff a man doesn't just know about. We both enjoyed the slide show tour of the hospital. We know where to get when I go into labor, what the rooms looks like and found out some good information about the security at the hospital.
There was also a video of a birth which was not that bad but one dad to be had to walk out of the room and on the way out he passed out so that added some excitement to the class. And there was a video on the epidural which is one of the parts I am most scared about. I did find out the answer to a question I had been wanting to ask. Once you get the epidural you can not get out of the bed. I am the type of person that when I am in pain, nervous, scared or uncomfortable I like to get up and move around. So it makes me a little nervous that I will be confined to a bed.
We are both really looking forward to our next class which is the class on breathing, pushing and positions for having the baby. I am sure you could have a baby without attending any of these classes but I tend to worry and need to know what is going on, so it helps me to establish some peace of mind.


Anyone have any suggestions for back pain? Sitting is pretty much impossible at this point (for longer than 30 minutes). At night I honestly think I am dying at some points of the night. I have spasms that keep me up for hours at a time. I am thinking about going to the chiropractor.
Just wondering if anyone else had/has really bad back pain while pregnant.

No comments: